We welcome all Yoga teachers to our Advanced Sri Sri Yoga Teacher’s Training certificate course – An advanced TTC for already existing Yoga teachers. This Course will be conducted at the most scenic and tranquil Sri Sri School of Yoga Campus, Art of Living International Center (Ashram), Bengaluru, India.
The Advanced YTTC brings to the learner, a profound understanding of the rare scriptures through the medium of Philosophy, Shat Kriyas (Purifying Techniques), expertise in 16 Advanced Sri Sri Yoga Asanas (Postures), specialized learning of Sukshma Vyayam along with preparation to teach it as a complete yogic practice, Pranayamas (Breathing Techniques), Mudras and Bandhas (Gestures and Locks), Meditation and so on.
The program emphasizes on exploring the inner being through which one can harmonize all facets of life while bringing balance in activity and relaxation. Through this, one can create a wonderful yoga experience in his/her yoga teaching. The course also encompasses understanding and practice of human psychology from a yogic point of view.
The teachings on the course include the study of traditional yoga texts like The Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Srimad Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Emphasis on Sankhya and Vedanta philosophies to name a few along with learning verses and hymns from the ancient scriptures. In addition, this course also focuses on improving the personal postures by intricately attending to its broader anatomical applications while also covering important concepts of physiology for a greater understanding of the science of Yoga postures. This aspect helps to take the teaching methodology of the yoga teacher to the next level.
All in all, this program being offered at Sri Sri School of Yoga in 28 days residential course format, creates a unique dimension of learning for all individuals who aspire to go deeper into the practice of Yoga.
To know the schedule for the upcoming Advanced Yoga Teacher’s Training Course
NOTE: Eligibility for 300hrs advance TTC is Applicant must done 200H TTC or any equivalent course in Yoga from any registered yoga school before they joining Advanced TTC
YOGA PHILOSOPHY AND YOGA PRINCIPLES
- Introduction to Shad Darshanas
- Sankhya Philosophy
- Vedanta and the Principal Upanishads
- Yogasara Upanishad
- Principles of Yoga
- Sadhna Chatushtaya
- Patanjali Yoga Sutra
- Samadhi and its types
- Raj Yoga
- Bhagavad Gita
Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to basic systems of the body with functional aspect
- Specific Functional Anatomy related to
- Forward Bends
- Backward Bends
- Standing and Side Bends
- Benefits and Contraindications of 16 Advanced Poses of Sri Sri Yoga.
- Psychology based on traditional Indian text – Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Upanishads
- Sutra Neti
- Vaman Dhauti
- Shanka Prakshalan
- Introduction to Nauli
- Learn to teach with names
Sri Sri Yoga’s Advanced Yoga Poses
- Prasarita Padottanasana
- Parivrtta Trikonasana
- Veerabhadrasana – 3
- Parivrtta Janu Shirshasana
- Effective Communication
- Time management Skills
- Methods of teaching – Correction and Alignment
- Individual teaching practice
- Group teaching practices
The Yoga teacher training course keeps in mind the importance of providing a balanced learning as well as personal time for an enhanced learning. A systematically designed schedule to efficiently imbibe praise and theory session daily.
Schedule from 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM
|06:00 – 08:30||Practice Session -1|
|08:30 – 09:30||Breakfast|
|09:30 – 10:20||Seva/Self-Study|
|10:25 – 10:30||Mantra Chanting|
|10:30 – 11:30||Session -2|
|11:40 – 12:40||Session -3|
|12:50 – 13:15||Meditation|
|13:15 – 14:30||Lunch|
|14:40 – 15:00||Yog Nidra|
|15:00 – 16:00||Session -4|
|16:10 – 17:45||Session -5|
|17:45 – 18:45||Nature walk|
|19:00 – 20:00||Satsang|
|20:00 – 21:00||Dinner|
|21:00 – 22:00||Session -6|
After successful completion of the course and examination thereafter,
- The student would be issued a certificate from Sri Sri School of Yoga for the said hours.
- Apart from being able to conduct Sri Sri Yoga Classes and workshops, the student would also be awarded a manual for conducting the Art of Living flagship program, that is, the Sri Sri Yoga Level 1 course.
- Would be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®)
- Daily sattvic vegetarian meals and evening refreshments
- Course materials will be provided (book, yoga mat, cleansing kit)
- Option to upgrade to a twin sharing accommodation (on extra payment and availability of rooms at the time of arrival)
PREPARATION FOR YCB LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION (IF OPTED FOR)
- 5 days preparatory class would be conducted post the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training.
- After the 5 days of preparation, an open exam would be conducted by the external examiners from YCB
- Candidates would need to do prior preparation on their own before coming for the TTC, in case they have opted for the 5-day class and exam. Recommended book to refer for the same: Certificate of Yoga Professionals: Official Guidebook