Educate + Empower
Our 95H Children’s Yoga Teacher Training is Yoga Alliance accredited and provides you with a strong foundation in a broad spectrum of areas to confidently and compassionately teach children and youth aged 4-17 in a fun, safe, deeply rewarding, and beneficial way.
You’ll gain a complete understanding of children and teens from a physical, mental, emotional, and social framework, including child psychology and developmental changes to mind management, self-awareness, and the child-parent dynamic. You’ll be empowered with unique fun-to-learn teaching methodologies and specialized yoga postures, breathwork, meditation, and relaxation techniques integrated with light yogic wisdom and life skills to help your students blossom to their full potential.
The training is for anyone passionate about helping kids and teens thrive—from parents and caregivers to teachers and community workers—you’ll make a difference.
Features a specialized module: Yoga for Schools, Trauma, ADHD, and Autism
Sri Sri Children’s Yoga is an authentic, accessible practice that helps children and youth build confidence, compassion, resilience, self-awareness, and more—all in a light-hearted, enjoyable way!
- Benefits of yoga
- Why yoga is important for children
- Qualities of a successful children’s yoga teacher
- History of yoga
- Societal ethics (yamas) and personal ethics and guidelines (niyamas)
- The three yogic natures (gunas), according to yogic wisdom.
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- CASEL standard (social and emotional learning): self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making and how they inform personal and teaching practices and methodologies.
- Lesson planning
- Principles of class management
- Communication skills for all age groups
- Behavioral management tools
- Child psychology
- Psycho-physical development of children aged 4-17
- Brain development: Left and right brain
- Vagus nerve and the brain-gut axis
- Introduction to the different systems of the body
- Yoga postures (asanas)
- Breathwork (pranayama)
- Relaxation and meditation
- Introducing themes, storytelling, and yoga songs
- Games and activities
Practice teaching activities including open circles, breathwork, postures, storytelling, creating themes, meditation, relaxation techniques, and much more.
- Learn the fundamentals of designing lesson plans according to a range of school environments, specific communities, and needs.
- Learn best practices for approaching and working with schools, plus skills for communication and relationship building.
- Understand trauma, trauma-informed yoga, and the five responses (freeze, faint, fear, fight, flight) and how they show up on the yoga mat.
- Understand attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism and the role of yoga and the yoga teacher within that framework.
We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds—classroom teachers, parents and caregivers, health professionals, school and camp counselors, psychotherapists, social workers, and more. No previous experience working with children is required.
Core requirements to apply include:
- 200H Yoga teacher certification
- A sincere interest in learning authentic yoga
- Substance-free for at least three months
- High school diploma
- 18+ years of age
- Graduate of the Happiness Program/SKY Breath Meditation (this will be provided online for those who have not taken it yet as part of the fee. A total of 8 hours prior to the start of the training. An extra bonus to your journey!)
Certification is upon completion of the 95H Children’s Yoga Teacher Training and post-course requirements.UPCOMING DATES